The ACCENTUS Foundation is an umbrella foundation based in Zurich and devoted solely to charitable purposes. It supports and encourages social, ecological, cultural, scientific, and other charitable projects. It has no political or religious affiliation.
MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Board of Trustees comprises representatives from various fields of expertise. It ensures that the funds donated are used in accordance with the stipulations of the founders.
- PROF. DR. FELIX GUTZWILLER Chairman Professor emeritus of Preventive Medicine, former Director of the Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine of the University of Zurich, former Member of the Council of States for the Canton of Zurich
- DR. THOMAS P. GOTTSTEIN Vice Chairman CEO Credit Suisse Group AG
- DR. MANUEL SAGER Social and Humanitarian Work Former Director of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)
- PROF. DR. SUSAN M. GASSER Science & Research Director of the Friedrich Miescher Institute, University of Basel
- MARIANNE KLEINER-SCHLÄPFER Social and Humanitarian Work, Culture & Sports Former National Councilor for Appenzell Ausserrhoden and former Member and President of the Government Council from Appenzell Ausserrhoden
- PROF. DR. NICOLAS MICHEL Social and Humanitarian Work Professor emeritus of International Law of the University of Geneva, legal advisor to the United Nations and the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs
- DR. ALEX RÜBEL Nature & Ecology Director of the Zurich Zoo, veterinarian, and former President of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA)
- MARCO SOLARI Culture & Sports President of the Locarno International Film Festival and former President of Ticino Turismo
The Foundation Office is responsible for the operational and administrative affairs of the ACCENTUS umbrella foundation. As part of project management, it evaluates eligible charitable projects and assesses possible partners.
Guido Braschler, Managing Director
Giovanni Peditto, Deputy Managing Director
Thomas D. Albert
ACCENTUS Charitable Foundation
+41 44 333 03 33